Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tomorrow Is The Big Day!

Tomorrow we are heading to Mt. Sinai for Cormac's 1st pediatric allergist appointment. I'm excited and freaking out at the same time. One of our readers (Laura), was kind enough to give us the rundown about how it will go. I am so grateful for that, and it did make me feel better knowing what to expect.

I'm excited to get some answers since we have a ton of questions. I am also really hoping to rule out tree nuts, and anything else as an allergen. The less the better. It would open up so many more food options for him and us. I make a delicious pecan pie and want him to be able to eat it! I would love for them to say oh there's been a mistake, your son isn't allergic to peanuts. However, his eyes swelling closed tell me that's not going to happen. At this point I will be grateful for eliminating any allergen.

I'm freaking out about the skin test. Actually I'm dreading it. I heard good and bad things about this, so the pessimist that I am can't see this as going well. It has to be done I know, but I wish it didn't.

Wish us luck and send Mac your positive thoughts! I will be sure to let you know how it goes.

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

I love hearing what you have to say!