Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Giving Thanks

Besides all the food, Thanksgiving always reminds me of all the things we should be thankful for. I feel lucky to have such a wonderful family. My beautiful little boy has brought so much joy to our lives. I am thankful that he is a healthy thriving little boy. He may have food allergies but in the grand scheme of things that's nothing compared to what other parents have to go through with their children. So as tough as it may seem at times, remember that they are here with us, living their lives, laughing and smiling with us everyday. We are among the lucky.

I am thankful for my husband, who is not only my best friend and confidant, but an amazing partner to have in this life. His love, support and understanding keep me going everyday. Not only is he a fantastic husband, he is an even better father. His love and devotion for our son only makes me love him more.

I am thankful for our families. Grandparents, Aunt's and Uncles. All have been so supportive this past year (and always). Thanks mom for going out of your way and making this Thanksgiving safe for Mac. It's a lot of extra work but means the world to us.

To my dear friends, you have been my rock. Thank you for the hours of listening, support and advise you give. Thanks for loving my son, and taking the time to learn how to keep him safe. You make life so much easier for us.

And to all of you who take the time to read all the crazy things I have to say, thank you. You have given me an outlet to get my thoughts, fears, triumphs, and even anger out. Your advise, and ideas mean so much. I never thought anyone would ever read this blog. I am so grateful for your support, and kind words. I love reading your e-mails, comments on here and facebook. Thanks for letting me know we are not alone.

So from our family to yours, have a safe, fun and Happy Thanksgiving!




Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure you're a wonderful blessing in all their lives too! It's taken me awhile, but I'm finally beginning to learn to value each day for what it is and take care to appreciate my loved ones as well. What a beautiful photo of you and your family! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post, and an amazing picture!!!
    I love reading your blog, just as much as you love reading our comments...Its great to know I have support, since my daughter 2, was just diagnosed with peanut allergy...Have a great Thanksgiving!!!! Jamie

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say!